Club Contact

The new MP3 blog from London's club Contact. The idea is to allow people to hear new music they wouldn't have otherwise found but, if anyone has any copyright issues with a particular song, i'll take the link down. Songs are only available for a limited amount of time.

Saturday, November 18, 2006

L'viving On A Prayer

I'll be back in Ukraine in a week and i haven't really finished posting things from my last visit in September yet. One of the strangest moments of my trip to Kyiv (just after coming face-to-shrouded face with the preserved corpse of St Anthony in the caves beneath the city) was stepping out of my hotel and into a crowd of revellers screaming along to Ani Lorak covering Bon Jovi's It's My Life. She has been one of the country's most popular stars for over a decade. The Ukrainian version of Avto / Car Song is preferable to the English one, if only for the fact that it doesn't contain the truly awful line "nobody's at the filling station / my heart is filling up with tears". Words so profoundly silly Jon Bon Jovi could have written them himself.

Ani Lorak - Avto

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home