Club Contact

The new MP3 blog from London's club Contact. The idea is to allow people to hear new music they wouldn't have otherwise found but, if anyone has any copyright issues with a particular song, i'll take the link down. Songs are only available for a limited amount of time.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

I know i've enthused at length about Lukas Moodysson before and will bore anyone who'll listen to death about "high-brow" directors like Tarkovsky, Kieslowski and Bergman but, cinematically, one of my greatest loves is the classic European exploitation film. I'm a huge fan of questionable auteurs like Jess Franco, Jean Rollin, and the finest of them all, Italian horror maestro Dario Argento, now sadly less well-known than his daughter Asia. Argento's masterpieces were made all the more effective by astonishing scores by the prog-rock group Goblin. Listening to the terrific Vampires by Italo-disco stars Radiorama, it's impossible not to hear the enormous influence of the soundtracks to those films - Profondo Rosso in particular. The unsettling atmosphere is, however, somewhat undercut by the rather camp spoken intro.



Radiorama - Vampires

2 Comments:

  • At 10:55 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A tad off-topic, but once upon a time, I only had a Beta dub of Argento's CREEPERS (aka PHENOMENA), and I actually wept when my VHS dub of my Beta dub broke.

    Then, one day, the gods of dvd smiled upon me and released it under its original title. :-) I weep no more.

    The score to that film is one of the major reasons I love it so. Very moody and cool.

    (BTW, the dvd has a couple music videos on it!)

     
  • At 2:16 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home